Q: What is a Running Buddy?
A: The Girls on the Run Running Buddy program is an important one that ensures the safety of all our girls during the Girls on the Run 5k, and also helps to motivate and encourage them to complete their goals! Running Buddy registration is now open for our Fall 5K at the Catawba College in Salisbury on Saturday, December 12th, 2015!
Q: How do I get registered to be a Running Buddy?
A: Click HERE to access the online registration. Cost is $15 and includes a 5K race t-shirt.
Running Buddies 411
- All girls participating in the Girls on the Run program must have a Running Buddy at the 5k.
- Running Buddies must be adults over the age of 18 (unless an older brother or sister then must be 16 years or older)
- Running Buddies may be moms, dads, guardians, family members, teachers, or community volunteers. If you have questions about whether you qualify as a Running Buddy please contact our council at 704.280.6203.
- Registered Running Buddies will receive a 5K Race Shirt (sizes available on a first come first serve basis).
- Running Buddies will run the 5k with their assigned girl, motivating and encouraging them to the finish line. At no time is it acceptable to use negative words or force to push the girl to finish. The 5k is meant to be completed at HER pace and is not a competition.
- Running Buddies must arrive at the 5k to check in with their assigned team’s coaches no later than 8:15am. Please check in at the PURPLE TENT upon arrival.
- If you wish to sign up as a “Volunteer” Running Buddy for our upcoming 5k for a girl who may not have a designated Running Buddy, please contact our council for an assignment: 704.280.6203.
- Volunteer Running Buddies (not related or assigned by the parent) must complete a background check prior to the 5K event.
Please email email@example.com with any questions!