What is a Running Buddy?
The Girls on the Run Running Buddy program is an important one that ensures the safety of all our girls during the Girls on the Run 5k, and also helps to motivate and encourage them to complete their goals! Running Buddy registration is now open for our Spring 5K at the Lowe’s Corporate Headquarters in Mooresville on Saturday, May 9th, 2015! If you are planning to be a Running Buddy, please contact your team coach for the link to register.
How do I get registered to be a Running Buddy?
You will obtain a registration link from your Girl on the Run team coach that will allow you quick and easy access to register online as a Running Buddy. Cost is $15 and includes a 5K race t-shirt.
Running Buddies 411
- All girls participating in the Girls on the Run program must have a Running Buddy at the 5k.
- Running Buddies must be adults over the age of 18 (unless an older brother or sister then must be 16 years or older)
- Running Buddies may be moms, dads, guardians, family members, teachers, or community volunteers. If you have questions about whether you qualify as a Running Buddy please contact our council at 704.280.6203.
- Registered Running Buddies will receive a 5K Race Shirt (sizes available on a first come first serve basis).
- Community Member Running Buddies (not related or assigned by the parent) must complete a background check prior to the 5k.
- Running Buddies must register for the 5k using our Running Buddy online registration (provided by your Team Coach) and indicating which team and girl you will run with.
- Please complete the online Running Buddy registration ASAP for easy race day access to your 5K t-shirt and bib.
- There is a $15 5k entry fee to sign up as a Running Buddy.
- Running Buddies will run the 5k with their assigned girl, motivating and encouraging them to the finish line. At no time is it acceptable to use negative words or force to push the girl to finish. The 5k is meant to be completed at HER pace and is not a competition.
- Running Buddies must arrive at the 5k to check in with their assigned team’s coaches no later than 8:15am. Please check in at the PINK TENT upon arrival.
- If you wish to sign up as a Running Buddy for our upcoming 5k but do not have a girl to run with please contact our council for an assignment: 704.280.6203.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need access to the Running Buddy link!