Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
FALL 2015 DATES
- Registration Opens: August 31 and will run through September 11 OR when site is FULL
- Practices begin: Week of September 21
- Girls on the Run 5K Presented by Iredell Health System: December 12
THANKS TO OUR COACHES, VOLUNTEERS, SPONSORS, COMMITTEE & BOARD MEMBERS WHO ALL HELPED MAKE OUR SPRING 5K SUCH A WONDERFUL SUCCESS!
Girls on the Run 5K Presented by Iredell Health System
- Saturday May 9th, 9am, Lowes Corporate Headquarters Campus, Mooresville
- The 5k is open to the community
- Registration is now open! (Please note that girls currently registered in the program DO NOT need to register for the 5K!)
- All the details for the 5K are included in our Event Guide!
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Our local mission
The mission of Girls on the Run serving Iredell and Rowan Counties is to encourage, inspire and celebrate the inner spark of every girl!