Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
Early Fall Registration Is Open!
- Are you trying to plan ahead for your fall schedule? We want to help you by offering early registration!
- The following teams are open for registration: American Renaissance School, Central Elementary, Coddle Creek Elementary, East Mooresville Intermediate, Harmony Elementary, Lakeshore Elementary, Langtree Charter Academy, Heart & Sole at Lowe’s YMCA, Mooresville Intermediate, NB Mills Elementary, Rockwell Elementary, Scotts Elementary, Sharon Elementary, South Elementary, Third Creek Elementary, Troutman Elementary, Union Grove Elementary, Woodland Heights Elementary, and Woodleaf Elementary!
- As we confirm coaches and practice schedules for each team, registration for each team will go live! Follow us on Facebook for weekly updates!
Fall 2015 Details
- Practices begin: Week of September 21
- The cost is $110 for 10 weeks. Financial Assistance is available. Please contact Kristine Bienstock for more details.
- Girls on the Run 5K Presented by Iredell Health System: December 12
- Click HERE for 5K registration online!
Heart & Sole is Coming Fall 2015!
We are proud to announce our organization’s new program for middle school girls: Heart & Sole! Click HERE to read more!
Highlights from Spring 2015 Season!
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Our Local Mission
The mission of Girls on the Run serving Iredell and Rowan Counties is to encourage, inspire and celebrate the inner spark of every girl!